11.16.2014

Halloween

I love the Holidays. And I love any excuse to do a million activities. I don't know if all my holiday celebrations are more for the little kid inside me, or my actual kids. Or maybe it's both.

I love watching Mar Mar's eyes light up when she sees something she loves or her little lips pucker up and make an 'o' shape when she's really excited. So this Halloween I tried to cram in as many activities as I possibly could. We made Halloween pumpkins at my mom's house, went to Gardner village, Jaker's pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins, went trick-or-treating, went to Cornbelly's, Barnyard boo at Thanksgiving point, listened to Halloween music, (I know there was more but my pregnancy brain has extended it's stay and is failing me at the moment). Anyway I am currently trying to make the most out of Christmas since Thanksgiving celebrations are kind of limited. The Christmas playlist has been blasting throughout our house since November 1st and I am so so so excited to start my 24 days of Christmas activities!!!!

Here is what we dressed up like for Halloween.
Here is a little peek into how getting ready went. Definitely no smiles here. Mar actually liked the makeup part. She kept saying "tickles" when I was putting her green eye shadow on. But the hair spray paint was a different story. I was chasing her around the house with the spray in my hand while she looked like the picture above. I know your thinking what a mean mom, but I had already started her hair and just had to finish! The car ride to Ama's house (Grandma Egbert) was pretty emotional too... that is why her white face makeup ended up black by the time we got to my mom's house. She kept rubbing and smearing her thick black brows I painted all over her nose and cheeks. Ha I'm not sure what I was thinking when I first planned her outfit. 









Had to post these too, because this is what our picture taking really looks like before we capture those rare happy smiling pics....




No comments:

Post a Comment