I love teaching dance. I love the satisfaction I feel when something I have created is enjoyed and loved by others. I love being able to influence lives young and old by gaining a friendship through dance. And I love the feeling of being squished in the middle of a massive group hug... this wasn't an easy decision.
But do you know what I love even more? I love being a mom. I love waking up each morning to a child that relies on me so much, for everything. That needs me, her mommy, to feed her, change her, love her and protect her. I love that my husband and I can be the greatest influence for good in her life; to help her grow to her fullest potential, spiritually, mentally, and physically. I love those slobbery kisses, sticky spit-up stains, and her new silly two-toothed smile. I love her little cackle of a laugh, and am trying to love her loud wailing cry.
Working is a personal decision between each couple and the Lord. I know there may be a time where I have to work to help with finances, but not until Drew and I have done everything in my power for me to stay at home. I'm glad Drew feels this same way; we would both rather be poor. I am willing to work when needed, but I know my greatest calling is in the home.
There is a time and a season for all things. And now is my time to be a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment