4.19.2013

Drewbie

I feel so blessed and indebted to the Lord to have found my husband. He is such a good person through and through. What you see on the outside is what you see on the inside. He is happy and accepting to the very core. No cover-ups, no pretending. 

Of course he has his imperfections and trials like anybody else, but he is humble and honest about them, and works hard to overcome them. 

Here is just a little story that made me realize again how much I love him. 

Yesterday Drew texted me asking me if it was okay to stay after work to help his co-worker jump her car. I didn't think anything of it, but figured I would just talk to him about it after he got done with work... I later realized that I had a hair appointment at 7:30. Drew gets off work at 6:30 ish, so I needed him to come straight home to watch Marlee so I could make it to Provo in time. 

I called Drew at 6:30 to tell him this, and later when he was clear of that employee, he let out a sigh of relief. He really wanted to help her, but told me that he had prayed earlier asking Heavenly Father for something to come up so that he didn't have to be put in an awkward position and be alone with this girl. He didn't have a valid reason to not help her, and he didn't feel comfortable lying. So he felt stuck. My call to him about my hair appointment was an answer to his prayers... (Probably the only time in his life he was so happy to see me spending that amount of money.)

He told me how uncomfortable it would make him feel to give her a ride home, then be alone with her while jumping her car. He told me it was not a matter of temptation, but because he wanted to avoid the appearance of evil. He made a rule when we were first married that he would not put himself in a position where he was one-on-one with another woman (excluding relatives, or reasons for church callings and work), and he has tried his best to stick to that promise.  

I know this may seem simple and insignificant to many, but it is HUGE to me. It is by the little things that big things come to pass, and by the little things that shows how seriously one holds to his or her values. I know that if we are both careful about the little things, we will be able to have an enduring trust that will last throughout the eternities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment