3.23.2015

6 months for my Smoofy!!

Sophie is 6 months old!!! Wow I feel like she is still my little newborn. Time really goes even faster with your 2nd. Sophie is rolling (especially during diaper changes) and right when we put her down she rolls over on her belly, is eating solid foods, and is still as sweet and smiley as ever.  People always laugh when I'm walking away holding her, because she is usually looking over my shoulder with the biggest, silliest grin.

She has the most edible cheeks. I love kissing and gobbling them up. They are just the perfect amount of chunkiness. When she gets really excited, her arms start flapping and slapping her sides, or anything in their path. You can usually find her with her lips slightly open and her tongue poking out. (I have a picture of me doing the same thing as a baby.) It's so irresistable that I usually have to plant a big wet one right on her lips. She doesn't love my big slobbery kisses as a much as Marlee does for some reason.😘 She also chews on her pointer finger a lot.

Soph LOVES Mar Mar. I love the way she looks and laughs at Marlee. And I love the little friendship they are forming; it melts my heart seeing them play together. You can tell she just adores her. 

She loves her mommy of course😜( her daddy too), but Drew has the magic touch when it comes to getting Oph to fall asleep. He wraps her in his long arms, and she is out almost immediately. If I try to bounce her to sleep, she attacks my shoulder or face, and tries to gnaw it off with her toothless gums. 

I love her laugh. It is more of a deep belly cackle actually, and you can always get her to do it when you gobble her relief society arms, sides, belly, and legs. She'll also laugh when you kick her legs and sing the can can song or play peek-a-boo with her legs.

She's starting to move around on her belly and has been sitting all by herself for at least 10-15 seconds.

She is in the 20th percentile for height and weight and 65th for her head size.... So her head isn't big, it's just big for her body.😉












No comments:

Post a Comment