4.21.2014

25 and still alive

Since I officially turned old this year, I wanted to do something crazy to get my mind off my age. Ha just kidding. But really I wanted to do something fun and different this year. So I told Drew I would really like him to surprise me with a trip to St. George, and that is just what he did :) We scheduled the room Wednesday night and left Friday morning for my birthday get away.

I love being active and love being outdoors, so this was mainly a hiking trip. On our way down we figured out that one of the hikes we wanted to do was in a city we were about to pass, so we pulled right over and started hiking.

The hike was called Kanarra Falls. It is my favorite hike I've ever been on. It is so beautiful and my favorite part is that you have to hike through a river, weave in and out of rocks, and climb a waterfall. I actually liked it more than any of the hikes we did in Zions. And of course both our phones died before we got any pictures!

That night we ate at a delicious taco shop in St. George, and went swimming at our hotel. We spent the whole next day hiking through Zions, then turned around and drove home. We were so exhausted, I'm surprised we made it home alive.

Besides being active, one of my favorite activities is to go out to eat. I love it, and I love food. I actually really love Mexican food. I always crave Mexican food, pregnant or not. So we made sure to fill this trip up with lots of yummy tacos and burritos!





Drew was a champ. We hiked most of Friday and basically all day Saturday, and he had the bubbers on his back the whole time. You can tell he's pretty exhausted in this pic. Ha, poor guy.
Mar Mar loved being in the carrier. It put her in a daze. I think she liked being higher up so she could see everything. She loves being outside just as much as I do, probably even more. This child could live outside in the trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment