3.24.2013

6 months!!

Mar Mar's 6 month check-up was last week. She's still just a long little squirt:) She's in the 80th percentile for height, 30th for head size, and a whopping 25th percentile for weight.

My goal has been to get some chub on her bones (I love chubby babies); I even tried slipping some extra rice cereal in her milk. But her 2 month old cousin, Cooper, has already passed her up in leg size... poor girl. We're hoping by her 9 month check-up she'll be one of the Heavy weights:)

 Mar Mar at 6 months
  • She's started making a lot more noise lately, but with her tongue like she's trying to blow bubbles.
  •  Marlee loves eating people's faces, and pretty much anything she sees... she's not picky!
  • She has been so prissy lately. She's been rolling her wrists, it's the cutest little thing. She does it mostly when she's bored. I love it, she's so girly!
  • She's got one tooth already... and ANOTHER ONE ON THE WAY! It's gonna break through the surface any day now.
  • She started eating rice cereal somewhere around 5 months, and is now starting to eat some vegetables and fruits.
  • She LOVES little kids!! They make her squeal and giggle.
  • You can usually find her with her feet in her mouth, or digging at her eyes. Haha just kidding she only digs at her eyes when she's tired, but it's pretty intense. Trying to put shoes on her is a lost cause lately, it's only a matter of seconds before she either gnaws or kicks them off, and pops her toes in her mouth. 
  • She's super content just being on her back. She rolls a little, mostly just from her stomach to get right back onto her back. 
  • She's started giggling a while back! Oh I love it! She loves the 'I'm gonna getchya game," and pretty much anything with a high squeaky voice. 
  • Has been doing low guttural grunts during Sacrament meeting lately for some reason
  • Drew and I love reading to Marlee. We lay on our backs with her in the middle, and put the book up in the air so we can all see it. She gets so excited, that she lets out little giggles, and slaps her arms to her side like a little penguin.
  • Another thing I love is how bashful Mar Mar gets when her daddy talks to her. She turns her head and stares at the side of her carseat, bats her eyes, and gives a shy little smile. 














1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness, she is such a big girl now! I love you for sharing all the fun details about her :) We CAN'T WAIT to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete