10.19.2014

The move before the baby

My original due date for Sophie was October 2, 2014, but about 5-6 weeks before I had Soph, my doctor told me he would be in Lake Powell during that time. So he moved my due date up 2 days and said he would induce me a week before that. I couldn't believe my ears!!! I had mixed emotions; part of me was a little concerned if the baby would be ready or not by that time, and the other stronger part of me wanted to run and give him a big smooch right on the lips! It's funny because earlier in my pregnancy I was measuring ahead of time and he wouldn't change my date. But oh wells, he took a whole week and 2 days off my pregnancy and I wasn't complaining. All of a sudden that long and dreaded last 6 weeks of pregnancy seemed so much shorter, and I actually started to stress a little because I literally had done nothing to prepare for this next baby.

During this same time, our lovely landlord emailed us and said we needed to move out of our townhouse as soon as possible because he needed the money from selling the townhouse to buy a house for him and his dad. He actually told us he wanted us out by the end of September, but he somehow also wanted the townhouse sold by that date. So he said if we were out sooner, he would pro-rate the month of September for us. Since I was having this baby September 23, we wanted to get out and organized into the new place before the baby came.

When Drew first told me the news, I laughed. I think it was such a stressful thought, that my poor pregnancy brain couldn't wrap itself around the idea. I kept thinking our landlord would change his mind, and I don't think it actually sank in until we looked at the first grimy apartment. Our mood changed fast. We loved the townhouse we were renting, and were planning on staying there until the next year when we were hoping to get into a house. So for the next few weeks I put all of my effort into looking for a new place. It was such a rushed thing that we were limited on the places that were available in our price range. We finally found a place, and moved out and were totally organized into our new place within 5 days! It was super stressful on me because Drew was busy at work, I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time, and I had crazy Marlee (2) running around. :) Thankfully we had so much help from friends and family, that it made the move a lot easier. We couldn't have done it without everyone that helped.

Since I planned on living in that townhouse until early the next year, I put off a lot of things that I needed to do before the baby came, like transitioning Marlee into a toddler bed, going through my baby clothes and baby things, getting new binkies and bottles, etc. I really hadn't done anything to prepare for Sophie. After we moved and had 3 bedrooms instead of 2, I realized I now could put Marlee in the toddler bed, and on top of getting prepared for the new baby, I now had a new place to organize.

I had a mile long list of things that needed to be done before the baby came that magically continued to grow as the date drew closer. But with a lot of heavenly help we were able to get everything done before September 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment